Hi pioneers! It’s been a while! How have you been doing?
These past few months have been phenomenal for Bored Punks of Society, started from only 15 community members teaching Axie scholars out of passion six months ago to being a prominent Filipino-based NFT brand here in the Philippines with the goal to educate, invest, and thrive together with its community of over 20,000 bored members nationwide.
The progress of Bored Punks of Society has far outweighed our expectations and garnered a lot of attention from both crypto and non-crypto enthusiasts alike throughout our country. We are very amazed to what we have achieved with the community these past few months and are more motivated to continue and improve what we have started in service for the Filipino people. We are very grateful for the community we have built together, the healthy culture we have established, and the people who have supported us along this journey in paving the way for crypto and NFT adoption here in the Philippines. Our movement is just starting, there is a long road ahead of us to be paved, and we know that you, together with the bored punks community, are here to pave it with us. No matter what happens, no matter what the floor price is, and what the whole market sentiment is, we are here to educate and innovate, we are here to pioneer the Filipino NFT scene, and we are here to inspire.
We are Bored Punks of Society, pioneering the Filipino NFT movement.
Quick timeline rundown…
- The first 15 community members, originally named as Golden Punks, started at Cryptochain PH with the sole purpose of educating and welcoming axie scholars to the world of crypto and investing.
- First unofficial podcast in CCPH with the aim to educate scholars to the very basics of crypto and investing.
- Early Bored Punk members are considered as part of an exclusive group dedicated to teaching newcomers to the world of crypto and investing.
- Bored Punk Pioneers released for only Php. 750 — Php. 2,500 and got sold out in five hours!
- First episode of Bored Punks Podcast with marksenpai (guest speaker and now Director of Education at Bored Punks of Society)
- Conceptualizing Bored Punks of Society main collection with the goal to be an iconic and unique NFT brand representing the Philippines and pioneering the Filipino NFT movement.
- Partnered up with notable Filipino crypto communities such as Real Deal Guild, Gabbal’s Cryptocurrency Signal, and Cryptochain PH, to help us in our mission to educate, invest, and thrive together.
- Rebranding of Bored Punks of Society and major sneak peeks to the Bored Punks of Society collection.
- Celebrated 1,000 community members in our Discord server.
- Started partnering up with establishments and brands to give perks and benefits to Bored Punks of Society NFT holders.
- Release of the first roadmap and plans for Bored Punks of Society.
- Celebrated 3,000 community members in our Discord Server.
- OFFICIAL MINTING. Website got DDOS attacked on the 2nd day of minting by an anonymous exploiter but the community got together and taught each other how to mint on the official smart contract of the BPOS NFT. Totally sparked the camaraderie within the Bored Punks of Society community!
- Bored Punks of Society Christmas party, NFT reveal, and new year’s eve celebration.
- Celebrated 7,500 community members in our Discord Server.
- SOLD OUT. First Filipino-based NFT collection with over 1,000 collectibles to get sold out inspiring the Filipino NFT scene and its potential!
- BPOS NFTs got bought by notable and prominent people inside and outside of the space such as Gabby Dizon, Michael Pacquiao, and Harrison Barnes.
- Celebrated 14,000 community members in our Discord Server.
Progress and Achievements
- First Filipino-based NFT collection with over 1,000 art pieces to get sold out.
- First Filipino-based NFT collection to break 200 ETH (~Php. 30,000,000+) in sales volume.
- First Filipino-based NFT collection to host an exclusive physical event for Bored Punk holders: Bored Punks Nexus Event.
BPOS Nexus Event is the first ever networking event of Bored Punks of Society with the purpose to network and connect with notable people and companies inside and outside of crypto and NFT space in the Philippines for the long term growth of the brand and the community.
…scroll down to learn more about the event
- First Filipino-based NFT brand to host a podcast in the metaverse: Cryptovoxels.
The Future of Blockchain Gaming and The Metaverse
Join us in our Special Podcast EP21: "The Future of Blockchain Gaming and The Metaverse" this Friday at 6pm in…
- First Filipino-based NFT brand to reward its holders with over Php. 750,000 Pesos worth of MATIC tokens.
- First NFT Brand to be a grand prize for national esports tournaments
- One of the First Filipino-based NFT PFP collection to get included in Art Fair PH.
- First NFT Brand to get featured on a music video!
- 50,000+ Bored Punks Community Combined Nationwide with 100+ Bored Punk Educators.
- 100+ Partners and Affiliates Nationwide
- 250+ ambassadors, influencers, and notable holders inside and outside of the space onboarded.
- 25+ Episodes of Bored Punks Podcasts and counting.
- January Top NFT Collectible in the Polygon Network Worldwide
- Leading Filipino NFT Brand Pioneering the NFT Scene in the Philippines
BPOS Educates & Celebrates
Bored Punks of Society hosted numerous talks on crypto, investing, and financial literacy with different communities and institutions.
BPOS educates @ Real Deal Guild with over 400 listeners.
BPOS educates @ Technological University of the Philippines
BPOS community meet-up and NFT talks at Art Fair PH: NFT
BPOS talks about NFTs on one of BitPinas’ Webcast episodes
BPOS talks about starting your NFT journey and community building on one of PDAX’ Fresh Money episodes
Bored Nights: A weekly Twitter Space conversations about crypto and investing.
- Got featured on different news articles and blogs
PDAX Partners with NFT Bored Punks of Society
By Shiela Bertillo Philippine-based cryptocurrency exchange Philippine Digital Asset Exchange (PDAX) has become an…
Minting the arts - Manila Standard
A few weeks ago, while surfing the net and loitering on Facebook, I was surprised to find out that Pugad Baboy, one of…
Tale of the Token: This Filipino Crypto Success Story Started With a Pair of Bored Punks …
Collegemates Alfred Someros and Karl Ruelan are crypto stars whose origins sound like the logline of a sitcom called…
Get to know these two college students behind Bored Punks of Society
VISIONARIES Co-founders Alfred Someros and Karl Ruelan Cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are…
BPOS Physical Events
Bored Punks of Society: Nexus Event
As we celebrate and widen our network in cryptocurrency, the BPOS core team has welcomed everyone with the first and grandest networking event of BPOS, Bored Punks of Society: Nexus Event. Last February 26, 2022, Nexus became a night celebrating Bored Punks of Society milestones, sharing our plans for the future, and connecting with people and companies enthusiastic about paving the way for NFT and cryptocurrencies in the Philippines.
This has become an excellent venture for everyone to promote and boost each other’s brand to Bored Punks of Society members. The event was exclusively held at Conrad Manila’s Presidential Suite with a count of 50 to 100 attendees. Some of the notable holders that were present are Michael Pacquiao, Nika Higashiona, LA Aguinaldo, Kiyo, Allmo$t Music, and Dj Loonyo, alongside the presence of our beloved community partners from Real Deal Guild, Ape Army Guild, Gabbal’s Cryptocurrency Signal, Sinag E-Sports, Cryptochain PH, Ye Supply, CNG, and ELPADS Gaming.
Nexus gave a glimpse of Bored Punks’ milestones and future; furthermore, with several performances and giveaways, a celebration dinner and a toast were held to ignite the sessions and connections with the attendees.
This event will serve as a benchmark for Bored Punks of Society for upcoming events and celebrations along the way which aims to cater each and every bored punk holder nationwide.
Art Fair PH: NFT
Bored Punks of Society had its another community meetup at J Studio, La Fuerza Compound, Makati last March 30, 2022 celebrating the annual Art Fair PH. BPOS was one of the first-ever Profile Picture NFT brand invited to the said event. With the BPOS community, a “Freedom Wall” mural was prepared by the organizers during the event to spark the interest within the community in sharing their ideas and creative side. Everyone was invited to hang out with the rest of the bored punk community and celebrate the Art Fair PH with the rise of the NFT scene in the Philippines! Totally a memorable day with the BPOS community!
BPOS Utilities and Tiered System
Owning a Bored Punks of Society NFT makes you officially part of our exclusive social club which opens up holder-only perks and discounts, new opportunities, and a wide network of connections of Filipino crypto enthusiasts, sophisticated investors, professional traders, licensed financial advisors, influencers, passionate individuals, and notable people inside and outside of the space you can connect and thrive with.
- Exclusive Access to Discord Channels & Benefits
- Access to exclusive Bored Punks exclusive card and holder benefits
Bored Punks of Society exclusive membership cards is our way to introduce our community to the amazing technology and potential of crypto and NFTs when brought off the blockchain and applied to the physical world.
We want the holders to feel that they are part of Bored Punks of Society wherever they go. That you, as a holder, can benefit from the BPOS NFTs inside and outside of the NFT space, more than just exclusive discord and webpage access, but also getting perks and benefits from different establishments and brands around the world. We want our collection to serve as not only a profile picture or a digital social status, but also a product which holders can enjoy using and holding as part of their daily lives. With the time that we spent with you, we have been studying closely on how we can bring the premium exclusive card into reality in which can cater for both tech and non-tech inclined individuals alike; especially that we are already tapping traditional businesses and establishments that also want to explore the crypto space with Bored Punks of Society. This second quarter of 2022, we will be focusing our resources on finally completing the membership card for our holders, its holding mechanics, and its integration in Bored Punks of Society Web3 that is currently being built in the background.
This is our way to kickstart our goal in connecting the digital to the physical through crypto and NFT technology. We are doing our best to innovate on ways on how we can integrate the idea that even a regular individual with no prior NFT background can take advantage of what Bored Punks of Society offer. We are in a crusade to bring awareness and show Filipinos the beauty and potential of NFT technology, and the team is inspired and motivated to build with you, the community. The Filipino NFT space is just at its infancy, there are a lot of things to discover with it, and Bored Punks of Society is here to inspire each and everyone to be part of our future.
Bored Punks of Society Holder and Exclusive Card Tier Mechanics
BPOS Exclusive Card Tier Mechanics
BPOS exclusive membership card four-tier system is for Bored Punks of Society exclusive card’s level of benefit and perks one could avail in the future. More details and information regarding the card tier system will be announced in future medium posts. We are consistently improving, perfecting, and filling the gaps that might arise in the tier system in the process.
Bored Punks of Society Holder Rewards
As part of our initial roadmap back from November 2021, we have rewarded the Bored Punk community Php. 750,000+ Pesos worth of Matic tokens, wherein 1.2 MATIC tokens for each BPOS NFT were distributed to holders. The Matic tokens came from the 30% of the royalties from the BPOS secondary market as of March 25, 2022. This is our way to thank our bored holders for supporting and contributing to the movement.
Bored Punk Podcasts
Podcasts are Bored Punks of Society’s backbone in delivering its advocacy to pave the way for nft and crypto adoption in the Philippines. Since the brand’s inception, we have over 25 episodes of Bored Punks Podcasts, official and unofficial. We are very grateful for achieving such a feat as we aim to inspire and encourage our viewers to explore, be informed, and be educated.
Twitter Spaces and Kumu-exclusives
With the advocacy to educate and onboard the mass to the world of crypto and investing, Bored Punks of Society also hosts weekly Twitter spaces called ‘Bored Nights’ every Wednesdays casually discussing about issues and news that recently happened in the crypto, nft, and investing space. This is our way to bring the community together outside of Discord and to the Twitter space where we can tap into a wider network of crypto enthusiasts and non-crypto enthusiasts alike that we can onboard in our movement and help spread financial literacy to the public.
Bored Punks of Society on Kumu exclusive episodes are already in the pipeline and bound to happen in the following weeks ahead. This is our way on expanding our digital reach in educating people about crypto and investing more than just Discord, Twitter, and Facebook. With the help of Kumu, we will be able to tap new type of audiences nationwide and provide them the foundation on stepping to the bigger world of crypto and investing.
This is just the start of our advocacy for educating people to the future of finance and digital technology to pave the way for crypto and nft adoption in the Philippines. We are doing our best, together with the community we have built, to spread the wonders of the technology and community we are in and be the premier brand shaping the future with crypto and financial literacy nationally and internationally.
Q1 2022 Reflections
Q1 has been an extensive experimentation stage for BPOS. For the past few months, our team has tested out different approaches on developments for the long term sustainability of Bored Punks of Society.
We deeply apologize for the lack of communication from the core team within lately. We realized that, had we placed our attention to the community effort rather than the overwhelming reach of what we are building, we could’ve maintained an efficient and well-adjusted strategy to tackle the stages ahead. The team have learned so much, from the progress that we, as a community of talented traders, investors and innovators, have made along the way to the trial-and-error our team had this first quarter. We are eager to be better and work harder for the community and stakeholders.
We are very grateful for everyone who supported us along this journey and are still here supporting us. The Bored Punks of Society team will do better this time.
In Q2 we will make it up to you. We will focus more on community efforts, make a push for web3 innovation, and listen more to the suggestions that you put forth. We will start by going through the list below which includes key-points from previous community discussions and talks.
Following are the plans we aim to achieve moving into Q2:
- BPOS Mini Esports Community Tournament (ongoing)
- Trading calls and alpha calls holders exclusivity
- Reward systems for weekly games and events exclusivity
- Middle-man system that will benefit BPOS trade volume
- Discussion for rare, pioneer, and special bored punks
- Bored Holder exclusive discord channels improvement
- BPOS AMA
- Website Revamp
- Web3 Integration
- BPOS as collateral in a Lending Platform
Further information to be announced soon:
- Bored NFT Reward Medal Mechanics
- Membership card Web3 mechanics
- BPOS x Clothing Brand Collaboration
The Bored Punk DNA
A first look into the our new and updated NFT roadmap
Unlike the usual linear roadmap, Bored Punks of Society presents the DNA strand model. Where we would focus on three “strands” that are: (1)advocacy, (2)innovation, and (3)connecting the digital to the physical. This is a more in-depth look on our old roadmap that is divided into phases and three areas we are planning to disrupt for the next 3–5 years in building the NFT scene in the Philippines with the community.
With the goal to be the premier NFT brand paving way for crypto and NFT adoption in the Philippines, we proudly present our Bored Punks of Society DNA that we are confident is a long term and sustainable road ahead for the brand and community we have built.
Our advocacy is how we will educate and bring more awareness on our movement and the new technology we are in. Bored Punks of Society started by educating Play-to-Earn scholars which expanded into educating every Filipino possible who are interested enough to take a leap and discover something bigger than themselves. Bored Punks of Society stays with this commitment to onboard and serve as the people’s foundation into the world of crypto and investing that is why our movement in educating people is important in including it in our DNA.
In order to bring more interest and curiosity to the mass, we are committed to innovate as much as possible to bring out the potential within the technology we are in. We believe that everything that is happening in the NFT world right now is new and experimental and we are here to experiment and innovate with the rest of the builders with the goal to shape the future with crypto and financial literacy through NFT technology and bring an experience that our community will enjoy and benefit from.
Also, what better way to get the word out and our movement is by connecting the digital to the physical world. Starting with our soon-to-be-released BPOS exclusive cards to collaborations with a well-known Filipino clothing brand, our aim is to bring more exposure to our brand, spark interest, and onboard as much people as possible on our movement. We cant just stay inside of our niche, the best way to expand is taking a leap and getting out of our bubble.
The Bored Punks of Society Team
- Bored NFT Reward Medal for Community Engagement
- Website changes and wallet integration
- BPOS Membership Card and Tier Mechanics
- BPOS x Clothing Brand Collaboration Merch
Lastly, The BPOS team is committed in making the NFT space in the Philippines a better space for everyone. We are here to make an impact and inspire builders and innovators alike to build the future with us as the NFT and crypto space in the country grow with BPOS.